The list of what you get is long – all for a small annual membership fee when you join us.
Being part of our Club:
- Is fun and helps you meet new people and make new friends with similar interests
- Provides opportunities to experience different kinds of mountain activities – mountain hiking/walking, scrambling, rock climbing, snow and ice climbing, alpine and more
- Takes you to new places and on new adventures
- Offers a framework for your mountain activities in a friendly, supportive and inclusive environment
- Allows you to take part in any of our regular weekly organised climbing and walking events, including weekends and longer trips away to mountain areas across the UK and abroad, and an indoor programme (in winter) of talks on mountaineering related subjects
- Allows you to develop your skills and experience, with support from established Club members and training opportunities (e.g., map reading and compass work, navigation skills, leadership, climbing), and the use and loan of equipment
- Offers leadership opportunities, not only for taking groups on the mountains and crags but also in administration and shaping of a small organization
- Gives access to and use of mountain huts of other BMC affiliated clubs
- Discounts with selected retailers of mountain equipment (high street and on-line)
- Discounts with selected training providers
- Includes affiliated membership of The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) with access to BMC membership benefits and combined liability insurance, including eligibility to upgrade to full membership of BMC at reduced price
- Enriches your life and supports your personal growth, as well as contributing to your physical and mental well-being
- Is low cost (with subscription rate reductions for couples, families, students, unemployed and those living more than 75 miles away).